These are troubling times. Many of us are staying home to protect ourselves and others from the spread of COVID-19. How can storytelling happen when we’re not in the same place at the same time? Easily!
I’m delighted to offer some new services specifically for designed for video chat and distance storytelling. Please contact me to get going with your home storytelling experiences. Please note: If you cannot afford the listed price, I will accept Pay What You Can for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis. I trust that you know I need to make a living too, and you’ll do your best.
- Facebook storytelling – FREE! Every Wednesday at 5pmEST/4pmCST/3pmMST/2pmPST (and maybe more often, depending on the response) I’ll host a Facebook Live storytelling event on my Facebook Page. Check here for updates.
- Coaching. There’s no reason you can’t keep working on your stories from home. The majority of my coaching work already takes place through video chat. You can review my practices and prices here; please note, during lockdown I am offering discounted needs-based rates. If you want coaching and can’t afford the listed price, please talk with me. If you want coaching and can afford it please remember this is how I make my living and my income has been drastically effected by corona virus mitigation.
- I’m also offering group coaching work via video conference. For $25/pp (minimum four people and maximum 8, sessions range from 90-160 minutes, based on number of people and needs) you and your storytelling friends can participate in a group coaching experience, where everyone gets a chance to work on a story, get coached, and appreciated. Witnessing coaching is a great way to learn, and being coaching in the comforting presence of others reinforces just how important storytelling is.
- Classes Many of my workshops and classes are easily adapted to video conferencing. If you get a group of friends together you can take a class for $25/pp (minimum six people) via video chat. I supply the technology and class, you provide the people, creativity, and fun.
- Concerts If you’re hungry to hear some stories I am happy to share them with you via video conference. This is especially useful for kids being schooled at home, adults looking for some shared entertainment, and more. I’m offering free live storytelling on Facebook three times a week (see above).
- Story swaps I’m looking forward to hosting some story swaps from home. Using video conferencing we can gather and share stories together. $6/pp to cover technology costs.
- Creative play and coaching It’s hard to remain creative when we feel restricted. Using improv, #storyseeds and more. you and a group of friends will be inspired and intrigued by what you can come up with. $15/pp for 60-90 minutes of creativity boosts for storytellers, writers, artists, and others.