Storytelling in education works.
Educators and people educating-at-home are looking for innovative and safe ways to help kids and teachers thrive. Storytelling can help. Whether you’re a teacher who wants interesting and relevant content for their students, an administrator who wants to help teachers feel more confident in their distance-learning skills, or a home-educator who wants to expand your offerings, Laura Packer has performances and workshops that work at a distance and in-person. She is engaging, entertaining, and a skilled facilitator and performer who believes the customer’s needs come first.
Educational possibilities include:
- Storytelling programs linked to your language arts, history, science, and social studies curricula;
- Storytelling programs for grades 3-12 including Animal Stories; various Holiday themes; stories from specific cultures (Greek Myths, King Arthur Stories, Asian folktales, Stories from the States, etc.); Stories of Heroic Girls and Boys; Stories to Build Empathy, Compassion, and Common Sense; Storytelling for Better Writing; Stories of Protest and Possibility; and many, many more;
- Storytelling and listening workshops for kids ages 7 and up;
- How to create and run a student storytelling program;
- Workshops and performances for college students;
- Workshops to help educators incorporate storytelling into the classroom;
- Workshops to help educators tell their own stories;
- And much, much more.
More information is found throughout this website:
- You can find general storytelling-at-a-distance information here
- Find a sampling of programs and workshops here.
- Laura is also offering specific storytelling trainings for teachers.
- Custom programs are always possible.